Thursday, February 12, 2009

Can't give a crap

So like any NY resolution mine has been broken. But I’m back and I guess I have a lot of updating to do!

So I went on my first match.com date. Ugh. Note to self: ask what a guy does before committing to even drink with him. When I did ask what he did, he told me he works at his friend’s tennis store. Seriously? You’re 3-fucking-4 years old, it’s well beyond time to have an actual career. Then he asked me if I ever came up to party in Dayton. I have no idea why I would ever do that- I mean, I know you all have probably heard about the rocking party scene in Dayton Ohio, but that drive is just a little long for me. The best part though, was when he named two songs by my favorite band, because I mentioned in my profile that I’d give bonus points to anyone who could. For one thing, bonus points aren’t real. For a second, all he did was GOOGLE THEM! I asked him if he liked him, he said no, I asked if he at least listened to them, another no! At least f-ing download a song or two and give them a listen if you’re going to bring it up! I know I said I would give him bonus points, but in reality, for that performance, I took points away. He asked if I wanted to order food and I made up an excuse that I was meeting friends for dinner later. He did make the all so generous gesture of picking up the tab for my ONE beer, which cost a whopping $1.75- less than his coke I might add. NEXT!

The economy is bad right? So then why is there an hour and 45 minute wait to get a table at PF Chang’s on a Friday night? Luckily my friends and I are cute; a little balking at that wait got us a table in 20 minutes along with free appetizers and free dessert. But seriously, if the economy is so bad, why is every restaurant I walk into on a weekend so packed? However, I can’t complain about the sales going on lately!

I’ve been thinking more about moving lately. Florida fo sho. I want to walk in the sun and not pick my shoes based on whether or not there’s snow on the ground. My friend Janet is trying to get back to Miami, but I don’t think I want to move there. I don’t speak Spanish! Maybe somewhere a little farther north up the shore. I don’t even want to live by the beach, just knowing I can get there in less than an hour is good enough for me. Plus you know wherever I move there will be a pool! I’m going to start saving my funds now. Plus I think I need to wait for the economy to come back a little bit and get some more experience at this job before I start job hunting again.

Job is going well. Busy! My boss keeps trying to get into all these new businesses so we may very well be HAMMERED in the next few months. I think I might even get a bonus this month- I’m not really eligible for one but my boss did say that he could put in for one for me as “discretional spending” and he did. Yay for a bonus in a time when people aren’t really getting much of anything. Not to mention I’ve never gotten a bonus before. I take that back, I got a $100 gift card once, but I don’t think that should count.

2 comments:

  1. You sure know how to pickem...LMAO. Better luck next time.

    Mmmm I had Sesame Chicken from there on Monday. So good.

    Hey ass wipe they speak english in Miami. You should learn Spanish anyway. It's good to know another language.

    Oooo a bonus would be very nice. *Fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for an update (finally) !

    Are men of higher quality in Florida? Because they seem to be of loser quality where you are. I think it would be an exciting change for you. Maybe its just partially living vicariously through you but I've lived in IL all my life and chances are, I'm staying put for various reasons but a big part of me would love to explore somewhere new and exciting.

    ReplyDelete